(c) 2021 George Gadanidis
- Finding Primes – with Scratch
- Finding Primes – with Python
- Linear Relations – with Scratch
- Linear Relations – with Python
- Infinity & Limit – with Scratch
- Infinity & Limit – with Python
- Motion Art – with Scratch
- Motion Art – with a coding app
- Estimating Pi – with Scratch
- Estimating Pi – with Python
- … much more coming soon
Math + Coding Teams is a teaching resource that offers a powerful way of engaging students to work collaboratively on math-related problems that may be modelled and solved using a coding environment.
What to aim for:
- Teams of 3-4 students
- A non-competitive atmosphere among team members and teams
- A common purpose within and across teams
- Collaborative problem-solving where everyone contributes
- Everyone develops understanding with no team member left behind
- Exchange of ideas among teams with opportunities for cross-team visits
- Multiple solution methods by modelling problems in more than one way
- A culminating sharing of what teams did, learned, and wondered about
How to use this resource:
Math + Coding Teams is designed as a teacher resource.
The resources for each Teams Task are organized into 2 sections:
- TEAMS TASK: The teams task is also available as a PDF, to be shared with students.
- SCAFFOLDING: A variety of scaffolding ideas to be used by the teacher, as needed, to support students in understanding and completing the above task.