- Teach math, not coding.
- Start with existing code that students alter.
- Students will learn to code incidentally as they use it in math contexts.
- Coding offers dynamic modelling and bring math to life.
- Coding gives abstract concepts and tangible feel.
- You don’t have to be an expert (students learn faster than us and they can help).
- Get ready to be surprised (about students and about math).
Walk & stamp patterns – see https://learnx.ca/w12s
Squares & spirals – see https://learnx.ca/w34s