PROFESSIONAL LEARNING (Ontario Curriculum)
The workshops below are designed to serve as base lesson plans — a set of activities to select from and adapt — for diverse learning settings (f2f, hybrid, online, parents/children).
Although designed with the Ontario math curriculum in mind, these workshops would be of value to all educators interested in learning how to integrate math + coding. Based on our collection of math + coding lessons.
Click on the links below or on the menu on the right to access.
- Lessons Learned: From grades 1-10 research classrooms
- Grades 1-2: geometric/motion patterns & rules; sequential & concurrent events
- Grades 3-4: shapes, angles, repeating patterns, variables; repeating & nested events
- Grades 5-6: algebraic expressions, inequalities; conditional statements
- Grades 7-9: linear/non-linear relationships; sub-programs, code efficiency, data analysis